At Muswell Hill Primary, we have created a successful, high achieving, happy, inclusive community. One we are proud of and one which enables us to work in partnership with others, celebrate our successes and empower our children to be the best versions of themselves. Our community is where friendships thrive and where children are encouraged to discover a world of possibilities in a challenging yet supportive setting. Here at Muswell Hill Primary School, we embrace the joy of learning every day, through our strong, rich, broad curriculum. We are continually seeking new and innovative ways of making the curriculum exciting, rich with knowledge and experiences, aiming to make learning 'irresistible'. Within this creative, child-centred approach we consistently achieve high standards of attainment. The school aims to help each child develop as a happy, fulfilled and confident learner by:
- providing a safe, purposeful and supportive environment
- providing a broad, balanced and relevant education including the requirements of the National Curriculum and the curriculum guidance for the Foundation Stage
- enabling each child to develop their full academic, social and physical potential
- fostering a sense of self-esteem and respect for others
- providing experiences that are stimulating, challenging and enjoyable
- encouraging active participation in the learning process
- promoting both independent and co-operative learning skills
- providing an inclusive education that values the contribution of each child valuing cultural diversity and the richness of the school community
- challenging racist, sexist and discriminatory attitudes and practice
- encouraging a sense of wonder, spiritual awareness and responsibility for the world around them
- developing self-discipline and a sense of social responsibility
- recognising parents as partners in their child's education and welcoming the contribution they make to the life of the school.
The school gates open at 8.50am and children in Years 1 to 6 must be in their classes promptly for 8.55am registration. The school day for Years 1 to 6 finishes at 3.25pm. Children in Reception (after their three-week settling in period) should register by 8.55am and pick-up time is 3.20pm. The total time per week is 32.5 hours (less 25 minutes for Reception).